TRAINING NEEDS ASSESSMENT AND ACTION PLANNING FOR PASTORAL CSOs PLATFORM ON CLIMATE CHANGE POLICY
- 04.16.2019 6:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Ann Mwende
In order to have a climate resilient pastoralist community in Kenya there is a need to strengthen the pastoralist voice and participation in climate change engagements.
The focus of this activity is to carry out a training needs assessment that aims at evaluating the capacity needs of the CSOs platform operating within pastoralist communities of Marsabit County to enable them to engage effectively in climate change processes and dialogues at national and regional level.
- To strengthen the voice of pastoralist CSO platform in climate change policy making process at county level.
- To identify the training needs of Pastoral CSO platforms for effective participation in policy making processes in issues relating to pastoralism ,climate change and gender
- To develop a policy platform and a joint action plan for CSOs in Marsabit to enhance their capacity to advocate for inclusive development of policies on pastoralism and climate change.
- A well-developed policy platform to advocate for inclusive development of policies on pastoralism and climate change.
- Documentation of capacity and training needs of Pastoral CSO platforms participation in policy making processes in issues surrounding pastoralism & climate change, inclusion of gender mainstreaming at meetings, multi - stakeholder and alliances with governments and the private sector for future capacity building and consultative workshops
- A climate resilient pastoralist community that will have a strengthened voice and participation in climate change policy making processes in Marsabit and in Kenya