NATIONAL CONSULTATIVE WORKSHOP ON PREPARATION FOR THE TWENTY FOURTH CONFERENCE OF PARTIES FOR THE UNITED NATIONS FRAMEWORK CONVENTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE (UNFCCC – COP 24)
- 11.22.2018 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Ann Mwende
This year, the Pan African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA) is partnering with the Climate Change Directorate and the Kenya Civil Society Organizations Platform on Climate Governance to host a national stakeholder consultative workshop on COP 24. This workshop brings together state and non-state actors to deliberate on the country position and CSO expectations of the upcoming COP in Poland. In addition the workshop seeks to enhance the capacities of CSOs to engage with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) processes and influence climate governance decision making at global level.
- Stakeholder briefing on the agenda for the 24th COP meeting and progress towards achievement of the “Paris Rulebook”.
- Develop a Country Position on the different agenda items for COP 24.
- Enhance a coordinated approach for state and non-state actors on engagement with international climate governance and policy influence.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to the possible participants of COP 24.